Are you stumbling through diet after diet in an attempt to lose weight? Stop dieting and start living! PR Nutrition Consulting will teach you how to improve your health and improve your life through practical steps with no unrealistic requirements. Plans are based on foods available at the grocery store; there are no special foods to buy.
Learn the correct number of calories for your body, sample ideas for all meals and snacks, and customized strategies that work.
• How will nutrition counseling help you?
• You will learn what to eat and when to eat so you don’t have to battle hunger pains
• You will feel energized, all day and learn how to get rid of the afternoon slump
• We will help you untangle all the confusion about nutrition
• You can reduce blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol with the right kind of eating plan and exercise plan
• You can reduce the risk of future illness and improve your quality of life
• You can potentially reduce your use of medications
• For athletes, you will have a personalized plan in hand so you know what to eat and when to eat to optimize your sports performance
Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders are quite common. These range from trifling stomach aches to life-threatening chronic diarrhea in those who suffer from a disorder like inflammatory bowel disease. These conditions don’t just interrupt normal nutrition and digestion but also come in way of the normal enjoyment of life. In these cases, right nutritional choices can help people with gastrointestinal ailments manage their symptoms and or diseases:
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Persistent Nausea and Vomiting
Food allergy is an immune system reaction that occurs soon after eating a certain food. Even a tiny amount of the allergy-causing food can trigger signs and symptoms such as digestive problems, hives or swollen airways. In some people, a food allergy can cause severe symptoms or even a life-threatening reaction known as anaphylaxis.
Food labels are required to clearly list whether they contain any common food allergens. Read food labels carefully to avoid the most common sources of food allergens:
Wheat (Celiac Disease- wheat, barley, rye)
Eating disorders are serious health conditions that can be both physically and emotionally destructive. People with eating disorders need to seek professional help. Early diagnosis and intervention may enhance recovery. Eating disorders can become chronic, debilitating, and even life-threatening conditions.
When you begin to notice that disordered eating habits are affecting your life, your happiness, and your ability to concentrate, it is important that you talk to somebody about what you’re going through.
The most effective and long-lasting treatment for an eating disorder is some form of psychotherapy or psychological counseling, coupled with careful attention to medical and nutritional needs by an RD and MD. At PR Nutrition Consulting, the treatment is tailored to the individual and will vary according to both the severities of the disorder and the patient’s particular problems, needs, and strengths.
A sound, comprehensive nutrition plan helps you to compete at optimal performance. It allows you to be stronger and faster. It supports health and prevents illness. If you’re an athlete, your body is your vehicle. It needs maintenance – and it needs fuel. Are you filling your tank or running on empty?
According to studies, athletes are often at one of two ends of the spectrum: Either they rely on supplements, potions and powders to make up for nutrition deficits in their diet, or they’re completely indifferent to their food and drink intake. Learning the why, what, when, where and how of sports nutrition as it pertains to your sport and your body will give you the ammunition you need to improve your performance in training sessions and competitive events.
Whether you are a competitive athlete or a weekend warrior with a drive to succeed, fueling and hydrating your body the right way at the right time are large predictors of your success.
Different sports, different engines, different fuel.
All athletes need sports nutrition knowledge, but the details change with the sport. Sessions with PR Nutrition Consulting focus on your specific sport and body, as we specialize a nutrition plan unique to you and your chosen sport.
During your sports nutrition counseling sessions, we’ll cover:
• The 6 essentials of fueling and hydrating
• The 7 key aspects to help you bulk up and gain lean muscle mass
• How many calories you need for your changing training levels
• What recovery nutrition should include so you can refuel and repair muscles
• Calorie adjustments to lose or gain weight
• Sport-specific nutrition tips
• Whether the supplements you are taking are safe, if they work, and most importantly, if they are legal
The role of diet is crucial in the development and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Diet is one of the key things you can change that will impact all other cardiovascular risk factors.
If you’re like most people, you think that heart disease is a problem for others. But heart disease is the number one killer in the U.S.
You can help reduce your risk of heart disease by taking steps to control factors that put you at greater risk:
• Control your blood pressure
• Lower your cholesterol through diet and exercise
• Don’t smoke
• Get enough exercise
At PR Nutrition Consulting, we strive to provide the most professional, research based information to all patients. Our priority is to ensure adequate body weight and correct nutrition related lab values to prevent further damaging of your heart and body.
The gastric bypass diet is designed for people who are recovering from gastric bypass surgery to help them heal and change their eating habits. A gastric bypass diet specifies what type and how much food you can eat at each meal. Closely following your gastric bypass diet can help you lose weight safely. This diet has several phases with specific guidelines to follow closely, along with detailed timing of supplementation.
The gastric bypass diet has several purposes:
• To allow the staple line in your stomach to heal without being stretched by the food you eat
• To get you accustomed to eating the smaller amounts of food that can be digested comfortably and safely in your smaller stomach
• To help you lose weight and avoid gaining excess weight
• To avoid side effects and complications
Most insurance companies will require 3-6 month nutrition counseling by a registered and licensed dietitian prior to surgery. At PR Nutrition Consulting, we work closely with your surgeon and their recommendations to provide an optimal nutrition plan throughout this process.